Saturday, March 15, 2008

Life with deployment

So it seems that things are more dramatic when we are dealing with a deployment. Emotions are closer to the surface for all of us and communication just isn't the same.
I figured that I needed to make sure the boys got to the dentist and optometrist, so I made appointments. Turns out Little J. needs glasses just like his mom. B. and I haven't has our appointments yet.
The dentist was a dramatic experience. We got there early so I could fill out the new patient forms and while I was doing that they took Little J. back to start cleaning his teeth. The receptionist called my Insurance company to verify payment just as soon as we got there and once she got off the phone with them she tells me that they won't pay if use their services. The only dental office for 20 miles that the insurance won't cover is the one I want to go to. I found another office, but still.... :(
Little J. has ADD and was on medication last year and did really well, except his dose wasn't quite right and then we couldn't find the right medication to put him on. He has been worse since Big J. left and so I made an appointment for him to see a child psychiatrist and we go on Monday, St. Patty's Day. I hope that we both (Little J. and Me) learn a lot about how to deal with his ADD and dad's deployment.
Oh, and if all that wasn't enough drama... I discovered that I am pregnant. Shock was my first reaction, then "How am I possibly going to do this alone?", then finally excitement. I took the test on 3/4 and then (here comes the drama) on 3/10 I started spotting a tiny bit. There was bright red blood at first and then old dark blood. I didn't call the Dr. until 3/11 and then had an ultra sound on 3/12. The ultra sound was inconclusive. There is a yolk sack, but couldn't definitively find anything with a heartbeat inside. I swear I saw it, but the tech who was doing the ultra sound couldn't get a heartbeat to register. I went to the Dr. on 3/12 and until my follow-up ultra sound on 3/24 we don't know what's going on. The office staff kept referring to it as a "threatened SAB" (SAB = spontaneous abortion aka miss carriage). The reasoning I was given for the ultra sound results were the baby just wasn't big enough yet to see. I still feel pregnant, but it's not the same as it's been before. I just wish I could fast forward to 3/24. If all is well then I will be due the first week of November and the baby will be almost exactly two years younger than S.

2 comments:

MamaStNick said...

Yikes Mel! Hang in there!

Steve, Christy & Roscoe said...

Everything's crossed for you! Love ya!