Friday, October 17, 2008

We have a new deck

There are some amazing people in my neighborhood, and since Big J is deployed the members of our church decided to help us build a deck. I bought the wood and they did the rest.

It took two nights to build and I was only able to get pictures of one night of work.

Builing the frame for the deck.
This was our old deck
Getting ready to put in the joists.
Putting in the joists.
Little S. wants to help too!
Looks like the joists are done, bring on the planks.
Starting the planks.
Putting in the planks.
Keep them coming.
This is the deck all done.



I am so excited to have a deck. Big J started to build a deck 7 years ago, and I was beginning to think it was never going to be built, but thanks to those in my neighborhood we now have a deck. There are some finishing things that we will do, such as putting up railing and some lattice to keep toys, kids, and animals out from under the deck.

While the men were building the deck the young men were staining my fence the approved HOA color.

Looking down the length of my fence.
Part of the fence that was stained a few months ago by the young men.
The boys and one leader.
Two of the leaders.
Caution wet paint.

1 comment:

Matt said...

very cool! I really like the fence stain, even if it is the HOA approved color.