Monday, April 7, 2008

Just my opinion

I am not in any way trying to influence anyones vote, and I didn't want to get into the whole political thing, so I am just saying that...


I believe that he has in mind what is best for the American people and not his own gain. I think that he has the right idea for what is going on with Iraq. I think it sucks that my hubby has to keep going over there, but he knew that was a probability when he joined, and I am grateful to men and women like my hubby who are willing to serve. I know from first hand accounts that what these men and women have done and are doing over there are helping the people of Iraq. If we pull them out now it will be like teaching a child to read but not how to write. I know it has been said many times before, but we are still in so many other places that we occupied to stop an injustice. We've been in Japan and Germany for over 60 years, I don't see anyone complaining about that. We've also spent a lot of money to stay in those places. Why should Iraq be any different? Maybe we invaded on wrong or bad information, but I believe that we went in and have been rescuing an oppressed people. Our founding fathers wanted this nation to stand up for the weak and oppressed, but those ideals have been lost in this "what's in it for me" world.

I'll step down from my soap box now, and just reiterate that I don't want to change anyones opinion, I just wanted to share mine.

1 comment:

MattnBeck said...

go ahead and stay on your soapbox!! So many people are willing to say things for our troops, I am excited to hear something from a real life troop's wife!