Friday, April 25, 2008

On his way to the Middle East

Our soldier is on his way to the Middle East and should get there sometime around 3 pm local time on Sunday. His whole trip could take about 38 hours start to finish including layovers and whatnot. He will go through a few different cities in the US before heading out of the States. Then he will go through one or two foreign airports before getting to his final destination. Because of OPSEC (Operational Security) the families aren't suppose to know when and where the soldiers are until they reach their final destination, just in case they tell an acquaintance who happens to have terrorist links and the soldiers get targeted. I'm not worried, we've been through this before. It would be nice to know if he is going through Germany and how long he will be there and if he's allowed off the plane, since he has a cousin there, but that isn't possible (sorry Em!)

2 comments:

Em said...

That would be nice if we did know :) I could go over to Ramstein Air Base and play the waiting game. Well, I guess its best that he is safe, then see me.
Keep us posted.

MamaStNick said...

I know what you mean. A few weeks before I had Matthew, Tony had to go on a "training assignment" but I wasn't allowed to know where he was or when he was really leaving or coming home. I understand the policy but its not like Al Qaeda is on speed dial....