Friday, April 11, 2008

My Birthday

I was a little nervous about turning 30, but there wasn't really anything to be nervous about. My Mother-in-law came over and watched the boys while I went out to lunch with a really good friend of mine (who is like a sister to me). We went to this place called Zupas, so yummy. They serve soup, salad, and sandwiches. I had half and half which was a half salad and half sandwich. After lunch another friend met up with us and we got pedicures.
Photobucket
My dear sweet hubby sent me flowers (my most favorite flowers and color).
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
I went over to my In-laws and had dinner and cake. I wanted a specific cake and so I insisted on making it myself. It was so yummy. (Thanks for the directions Mrs. Horne!)
Photobucket

4 comments:

MattnBeck said...

Well happy birthday! It sounds like 30 wasn't so bad after all. Good. I turn in a few months myself. Maybe I'll get a pedicure, too :)

Matt

Steve, Christy & Roscoe said...

YEAH! The toes are adorable, the flowers gorgeous and the cake looks simply delicious! Hope it was yummy! Glad you had a good birthday! 30 isn't so bad eh? Love ya Mel!

Em said...

I hope you had a good birthday! I am sure it was nice for you just to have some time to yourself and a little pampering.

Maria said...

Mel, I love that cake it is the perfect summer/spring cake! one of my favorites. cute toes!
love maria