Tuesday, April 29, 2008

My Growing Belly

I had an OB appointment today. I am doing well and so is the baby. The doctor was trying to find the heart beat so I that I could record it and send it to Big J. He felt my tummy in the uterus area and commented that I was measuring further along. "Oh no! Another big baby for sure!" were my thoughts as he said this. He couldn't find the baby where he thought it should have been and so took me into the ultra sound room to see what was going on, but he didn't tell me what was happening really and I was starting to get concerned. Then he starts asking if I had a history of fibroids, and I don't. He kept going back to my chart and checking to see what the radiologist at the hospital had said about my last ultra sound there. Finally he decided it was a clot from the hemmorage that caused the bleeding I was having. The clot is almost as big as the baby, and pushing the baby up higher and my belly out further. When I have my ultra sound at 18 weeks, we will see the status of the clot and he will determine if we need to continue to monitor it or if it won't cause any problems. If it turns out to be a fibroid and not a clot then I may end up having to have a c-section. I don't want to have a c-section for a few reasons:


  1. I have had one and they stink.




  2. Recovery without Big J here to help will be super hard.




  3. I will have to have any subsequent children by c-section as well.




If I do have to have a c-section I might as well have him tie my tubes too.

Ultra Sound




On to happier things. S. was a trooper at the appointment, he was in his stroller the whole time and only fussed a little. We were in the Dr.'s Office for about 45 minutes too.


No comments: